File a Claim with DOJ

Before you file

If you believe you have been discriminated against based on your citizenship, immigration status, or national origin, here’s how to file a charge:

What can I expect?

  • Step 1

    Fill out the form by hitting file now below or you can print out the form and send by mail, fax, or email.

  • Step 2

    We will contact you by mail or by phone.

  • Step 3

    We’ll work with you to answer your questions and determine if setting up an investigation is the best course of action. If an investigation is the best course of action, we will start an investigation and these usually take no longer than seven months.

  • Step 4

    If an investigation is set up and finds sufficient evidence of a violation, you may obtain various types of relief, including back pay or getting your job back

We're here to help

  • All services are free and confidential, whether you are documented or not.
  • Please remember that your employer cannot terminate you or in any other manner discriminate against you for filing a complaint with DOJ.