Start the filing process with DOL's Wage and Hour Division

Before you file

The information below is useful to have on hand when filing a complaint with WHD:

  • Your name
  • Your address and phone number (how you can be contacted)
  • The name of the company where you work(ed)

What can I expect?

  • Step 1

    Start the process by clicking and filling out the form below or call 1-866-487-9243.

  • Step 2

    Your complaint will get routed to the nearest field office to your employer who will contact you.

  • Step 3

    The field office will contact you within 2 business days.

  • Step 4

    We’ll work with you to answer your questions and determine if setting up an investigation is the best course of action.

  • Step 5

    If an investigation is set up and finds sufficient evidence, you’ll receive a check for wages lost.

We're here to help

  • All services are free and confidential, whether you are documented or not.
  • Please remember that your employer cannot terminate you or in any other manner discriminate against you for filing a complaint with WHD.

Worker Profile

Sujhey went through something similar, and exercised her rights to receive back pay.

Read Sujhey's Story