Tell Us What Happened
A customized worker profile for your job will be launched in the next phase of this site. In the meantime, explore your rights below.
You have the right to be treated equally.
- I was discriminated against and my employer does business with the federal government.
- I was discriminated against based on my race.
- I’m being asked to show too much documentation.
- I am being treated differently based on my citizenship or immigration status.
- I am being retaliated against because I complained about job discrimination, or assisted with a job discrimination investigation or lawsuit.
- I am a woman being paid less than a man for the same work in the same workplace.
- I was laid off, my hours were reduced, or I was fired because I complained about my wages.
We are responsible for enforcing federal laws that make it illegal to discriminate against a job applicant or an employee because of the person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, citizenship, immigration status, or national origin.View all Equality Rights
You have the right to engage with others to improve wages and working conditions.
- I am being prevented from engaging with others to improve my working conditions.
- My boss threatened to fire us if we vote for the union.
- I am being retaliated against for supporting an effort to bring in a union to improve my work situation.
- I can’t get hired because the industry knows me as a union supporter.
- We formed a union and are trying to bargain with management, but they refuse to meet with us.
- I brought complaints to our union steward and/or foreman about the crew not having adequate safety equipment and they retaliated.
- We are afraid to talk to one another about our wages and working conditions because our employer has a handbook rule prohibiting release of confidential information.
- I sent an email to my co-workers during break time about seeking a raise and my employer suspended me for unauthorized use of its computer system.
- I was fired for chatting about my supervisor with other coworkers on Facebook.
We protect the rights of private sector employees to join together, with or without a union, to improve their wages and working conditions.View all Organizing Rights
You have the right to a safe and healthy work environment.
- I am working on machines that are unsafe.
- I am not being provided required safety gear, such as gloves or a harness and lifeline for falls.
- I’m afraid I’ll be fired for reporting a problem in my workplace.
- I am being kept from requesting an OSHA inspection, and speak to the inspector.
- I wasn’t trained in a language I understand.
We assure safe and healthful working conditions by setting and enforcing standards, and by providing training, outreach, education and assistance.View all Safety Rights
You have the right to be paid.
We are committed to ensuring that workers in this country are paid properly and for all the hours they work, regardless of immigration status.View all Wage Rights